Top tips for summer
Summer has arrived (finally!) and if you’re a contact lens wearer, you might be wondering how you can protect your eyes and love your lenses in the warmer weather. From trips to the local swimming pool to beach holidays, the summer can throw up a lot of situations where contact lens wearers need to be careful to love their lenses.
The good news is that whether you’re jetting off to an exotic location or enjoying a stay-cation this summer, we’ve got it covered. Here are a few of our handy tips for contact lens wearers to help keep eyes healthy this summer:
- Remember to take your contact lenses out before taking a dip in the pool or ocean, unless wearing watertight goggles. Contact lenses and water don’t mix!
- Going for a siesta to escape the heat of the afternoon? Don’t forget to take your contact lenses out before you doze off.
- Be careful when applying sunscreen and wash and dry your hands after application to avoid getting cream in your eyes and/or on your contact lenses.
- Don’t continue to wear your contact lenses if your eyes become irritated by the hot and sunny weather.
- Remember that air conditioning can dry out your eyes and cause discomfort for contact lens wearers, so avoid sitting directly in front of an air conditioner or fan.
- Packing for your holiday? Don’t forget to take a good supply of replacement lenses, contact lens solution and a case to cover your trip.
- Don’t continue to wear your lenses if they don’t look right, feel right or see well. Pack a spare pair of glasses just in case.
- Go for a contact lens check with your eye-care practitioner if you haven’t been in the last year. Don’t lose sight of your optician!
And one other thing…
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun, whether or not you wear contact lenses.
Share our top tips for summer infographic and help keep eyes smiling this summer!